Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Update from Adam

Hey y'all,

I hope it's not too late to save the cat! It's been a crazy month or so, but things are looking interesting for the near future.

I've been trekking all over the east coast since the beginning of Feb for graduate school interviews, and it's been quite the experience! The interviews are 1/2 the school trying to determine if they want you to come to their department, and 1/2 the school trying to convince the applicants that they are the coolest place on the face of the earth. I don't think I've ever been wined and dined so much in my life!

I've been accepted into the immunology PhD programs at Yale and Penn, and I'm waiting to hear back from Johns Hopkins sometime this week. I'll be making my final decision in the next few weeks, but wherever I end up I'll be starting mid June.

4 comments:

kiterinio said...

Adam,

Congrats on all of the yeses. I'll keep my fingers crossed for John Hopkins. Let us know as soon as you know!

Kit

Johnny Piano said...

Good to hear from you, Adam. Congratulations on having some many fine choices. Any of those schools would be fortunate to get you. Keep in touch and let us know how it all turns out. John

Ann said...

You have such a great point of view on interviews! Congrats on having some heavy hitters sit at the table with you. I hope you love whereever you end up. - Ann

Bethany said...

i know where adam's going....you'll have to wait until he decides to post again! mmmwwhahah